Saturday, April 05, 2014

Howard Altmann


In Vino Veritas

  by Howard Altmann

And I gave myself to the poem.
And the poem gave to me.
And I gave myself to the sky.
And the sky gave to me.
And I gave myself to the wind.
And the wind took what I gave
and passed it to the sky.

And I gave myself to women.
And women gave to me.
And I gave myself to the wound.
And the wound gave to me.
And I gave myself to hope.
And hope took what I gave
and passed it to the wound.

And I gave myself to wine.
And wine gave to me.
And I gave myself to candlelight.
And candlelight gave to me.
And I gave myself to memory.
And memory took what I gave
and passed it to candlelight.

And I gave myself to music.
And music gave to me.
And I gave myself to the tree.
And the tree gave to me.
And I gave myself to change.
And change took what I gave
and passed it to the tree.

And I gave myself to silence.
And silence gave to me.
And I gave myself to light.
And light gave to me.
And I gave myself to night.
And night took what I gave
and passed it to the stars.

In Vino Veritas

E eu me dei ao poema.
E o poema foi meu.
E eu me dei ao céu.
E o céu foi meu.
E me dei ao vento.
E o vento me tomou, me levou
e me passou ao céu.

E eu me dei às mulheres.
E as mulheres foram minhas.
E eu me dei à dor.
E a dor foi minha.
E me dei à esperança .
E a esperança me tomou e me levou
e me passou para a dor.

E eu me dei ao vinho.
E o vinho foi meu.
E me dei à luz das velas.
E a luz das velas foi minha.
E eu me dei à memória.
E a memória me tomou e me levou
e me passou para velas.

E eu me dei à música.
E a música foi minha.
E eu me dei à árvore.
E a árvore foi minha.
E eu me dei à mudança.
E a mudança me tomou e me levou
e me passou para a árvore.

E eu me dei ao silêncio.
E o silêncio foi meu.
E eu me dei à luz.
E a luz foi minha.
E eu me dei à noite.
E a noite me tomou e me pegou
e me passou para as estrelas.


Ilustração: mundusvinus.blogspot.com 
Nadia Yung

No comments: