Tuesday, June 17, 2008

TRAIR E COÇAR...É SÓ COMEÇAR

83

William Shakespeare

I never saw that you did painting did need,
And therefore to your fair no painting set.
I found, or thought I found, you did exceed
The barren tender of a poet's debt.
And therefore have I slept in your report,
That you yourself, being extant, well might show
How far a modern quill doth come too short
Speaking of worth, what worth in you doth grow.
This silence for my sin sis you impute,
Which shall be muost my glory, being dumb,
For I impair not being beauty being mute,
When others would give life and bring a tomb.
There lives more life in one of you fair eyes
Than both you poets can in praise devise.

83

Nunca de te pintar tive a menor necessidade,
E não havia como melhorar tua beleza .
Pensei, ao te ver, haver se excedido à natureza
Muito além de um poesia são teus dotes, na verdade.
Assim fiquei inibido de tentar exaltar
O que era desnecessário, pois, com tua presença
Que inadequado seria um verso tão vulgar
Para tratar de méritos de clara evidência.
Este silêncio que como pecado me imputa,
O meu calar, sem ser mudo, será minha maior glória
Por não prejudicar uma beleza absoluta,
Querem te dar brilho e a vida só amortecem.
Há mais vida no teu olhar que em toda história
E poetas fazem versos jamais preces.

No comments: